I’ve previously shared with you how I’ve learned so much from my academic research, working one-on-one with thousands of clients, creating the Twelve Month Transformation workshop program, taking the Twelve Month Transformation Online, training Australia’s health professionals and learning from the world’s leading experts. So I shouldn’t have been surprised that I learned SO MUCH from writing Thinsanity.
As I’ve been writing the book for you, you have already given me so much this year, so as the year comes to an end I wanted to share with you three principles that I learned about personal change that I know can help you have a truly transformational year in 2020.
Think of a change you’d like to make next year. Maybe you want more ‘me time’, to have more energy or feel more vibrant, or to create a healthy habit or two. Whatever it is, reflect on how you can apply the following principles to start turning your dream into a reality …
1) Do something different.
As we’ve been discussing, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. Concerning attempts to repeatedly lose weight through diet and exercise without lasting success, this insanity becomes thinsanity. Compounding matters further, often the ‘solutions’ we are offered are actually part of the problem: not only do they not work, they make things worse. So, whatever you do next year, do something different. Tapping is different, body acceptance is different, hypnosis is different. Hell, even bariatric surgery is different. If you overlook this part you might as well kiss your new years resolutions goodbye.
2) Keep it simple.
When writing the book, I knew readers weren’t likely to be as invested as clients in our clinic or members of our online programs. So I relentlessly strived for simplicity. Discovering the absolute least that people could do to make the absolute most difference. Shedding the weight of all the things that people ‘should’ do to uncover those that would really help. Re-working my favourite activities to fit short attention spans (and page limits!). In this strive for simplicity, I often found myself thinking ‘these exercises are actually better!’. I tested them with my clients, and then my Twelve Month Transformation participants, and they were! Less really is more. As one of my favourite psychologists, Milton Erickson said, ‘you have a complicated enough life, you don’t need a complicated therapy’. So, as well as following a different approach, be sure to follow a simple one.
3) Get support.
Against some reviewers’ recommendations1, I show you how to find, communicate and work with great health professionals inThinsanity. This is for two reasons. First, we need support for change. In my latest podcast, habits researcher Dr. Gina Cleo shared research that accountability leads to 50% greater results. Second, I needed to show the reader where to get the right support, as many health professionals can drive you more thinsane than when you first step foot in their door! We don’t accomplish anything without the support of good (and like-minded) people around us, so if you need a non-diet dietitian, gym membership, psychologist who specializes in a particular area, babysitter, cleaner, or anything else on your journey of change, I want you to go all in and get it. It’s better (and less expensive in the long-run) to properly do something once than to half-do it for the rest of your life.
The more I reflect on these principles the more I believe in them, and the more I apply them with my clients the better results we get, so I know they can help you achieve your important goals and dreams in the year to come.
And speaking of doing something different, keeping it simple, getting the support you need, and the new year, I want to offer to be your personal support person in 2020 as part of our new and improved flagship program …
Let me help you break free from thinsanity.
I’ve already shown you research that the Twelve Month Transformation (TMT) gets amazing results, and that each year they get better, and you can even hear from previous TMT members about their experiences with the program, but I know TMT2020 is going to be a quantum leap forward, so let me tell you exactly why I’m so excited about supporting you to completely transform your eating, movement, weight and body image with me in 2020.
Based on what I’ve learned from researching for and writing Thinsanity, and testing the above principles with my clients this year, here’s what we’re going to do differently in 2020.
1) Do something different. We have always been different. So we’ll continue to reject trends if they don’t match the science of how to best support you and embrace evidence-based approaches even in the face of popular opinion. But spending a year researching the latest science for the book has altered my approach in some areas, and I can’t wait for you to benefit from my newfound knowledge! The first thing people notice about TMT is how different it is – this year, will you be the one who’s noticing?
2) Keeping it simple. Although it nearly killed me emotionally to do it2, I’ve pared back both our face-to-face and online Twelve Month Transformation programs. Your time and mental energy are precious, and I’ve figured out how to help you transform your relationship with food, physical activity and your body with less investment. This means the investment you do make (because you will have to make some!) is time – and money – more well spent. We’ve distilled the content of the programs to become a more powerful, potent recipe for change!
3) More support. We’ve made some BIG steps here after listening to everything you wanted! People doing our Twelve Month Transformation face-to-face program will have the option to participate in weekly ‘intensives’ following each workshop, to help them turn the information in the workshops into transformation in their lives. Everyone doing the Twelve Month Transformation Online will benefit unbelievably from weekly LIVE interactive webinars with me during program periods. We tested LIVE videos with Peta and I in our recent tapping program and the ability to have your questions answered and problems solved in real time was game-changing, so we’re excited to be able to support you more closely than ever to reach your goals in 2020!
The last couple of times I wrote to you we spoke about how life-sucking thinsanity is, and we even took the first step to breaking free from it. I’ve been so heartened to hear how the blogs have helped (and if you haven’t read them yet, I’d highly recommend it!) but we both know a couple of articles are not going to be the complete answer to freeing yourself from weight worries.
That’s why I spent over ten years developing a program that works for each of its unique participants, including research-proven results of:
- Increasing intuitive eating by 31%
- Reducing diet mindset by 56%
- Reducing overeating by 23%
- Improving exercise confidence by 49%
- Improving body image in every way we measured
- Reducing stress, anxiety and depression
- Improving self esteem
- Reducing weight and BMI3
Sometimes, when thinking about reaching our goals, especially if we haven’t gotten there (or been able to stay there) before, we can wonder deep-down if it even is possible. I’m here to tell you that it absolutely is, and my guess is you’ll be 10 x more likely to achieve your goals if you apply the following three principles to your personal transformation:
1. Do something different.
2. Keep it simple.
3. Get the right support.
And – now more than ever – I know I can help you with all three.
I can help you free yourself from thinsanity forever.
The question I have is … will you let me?
Six years ago I took a chance creating the Twelve Month Transformation – and it’s become far more than I ever hoped to dream. I think you should take a chance as well – and maybe you’ll be surprised when you get more than you wished for too!
To make it easier for you to jump on board with Christmas coming up, we’re doing the Earlybird 20% off discount not only for the Twelve Month Transformation but also for the Twelve Month Transformation Online. We always like to help you come and work with us, so why not take the opportunity to do something for YOURSELF in amongst all the caring for others you probably do at this time. Give yourself an early Christmas present – the gift of a happier, healthier, prouder, fitter and more vibrant you in 2020! Then you can relax over Christmas, knowing we’ll be taking care of everything together next year.
USE COUPON CODE FOR 20% OFF TMT ONLINE BEFORE 31/12/19
“TMTEARLYBIRD” WITH UPFRONT PAYMENT OR LIFETIME ACCESS.
“TMTEARLYBIRDPP” WITH PAYMENT PLAN.
Yours in transformation,
1. Who wanted me to make out as if the book alone was the entire answer for every reader.
2. Sorry to be dramatic, but it was really hard!
3. While almost everyone joining the TMT wants to lose weight, this is NOT the focus of the program. We have had success stories who have lost over 50 kilograms, many who lose a small to moderate amount of weight, and even people who’s weight remains stable that we consider successes. TMT participants on average lose some weight, with TMT 2018 participants losing approximately twice the weight of 2017 participants. However, as weight loss approaches tend to be ineffective (and potentially harmful) in the long-term, the focus of the Twelve Month Transformation is, and always will be, improving your relationship with food, movement, and your body.