● Yo-yo dieting & weight regain
● Motivation & self-belief
● Body image & self-esteem
● Emotional eating & drinking
● Mindless eating, overeating & bingeing
● Self-care, life balance, & time management
● Pre- & Post-surgery support for bariatric patients
We are a psychology-based, person-centred, interdisciplinary, progressive clinic. They are a lot of words! What do they mean?
- Psychology-based. Many people know the importance of mindset for weight management. But most people don’t invest a lot of time, energy, and resources into training their minds. At WMP we help you train your most important muscle – your brain!
- Person-centred. Most weight management programs are weight-centred. This can result in obsession with food and exercise, psychological health problems, and weight regain. We help you “zoom out” from the scales and focus on yourself as a whole person!
- Interdisciplinary. While we believe psychology is the missing piece of the puzzle, we know it’s not the only piece. We support you with a team of like-minded, compassionate, and caring nutrition and movement professionals.
- Progressive. As seen in the below graph, common diet and exercise plans don’t work so well in the long-term, even when supplemented with traditional psychology. We like to support you with a combination of traditional psychological approaches and innovative evidence based ones, like as tapping and hypnosis, to help you discover what works for you.
Weight outcomes with various treatment methods
To book in with one of our team, or if you have any further questions, please contact us:
NOTE: The Dakota South Entrance is right near a bus stop with a bench near the corner of Macquarie & Beeston Streets.
PARKING: There is street parking (not metered) on surrounding streets, but if you can’t find a spot, we have a client car park under the building so please call to be let in!