● Yo-yo dieting & weight regain
● Motivation & self-belief
● Body image & self-esteem
● Emotional eating & drinking
● Mindless eating, overeating & bingeing
● Self-care, life balance, & time management
● Pre- & Post-surgery support for bariatric patients
We are a psychology-based, person-centred, interdisciplinary, progressive clinic. They are a lot of words! What do they mean?
- Psychology-based. Many people know the importance of mindset for weight management. But most people don’t invest a lot of time, energy, and resources into training their minds. At WMP we help you train your most important muscle – your brain!
- Person-centred. Most weight management programs are weight-centred. This can result in obsession with food and exercise, psychological health problems, and weight regain. We help you “zoom out” from the scales and focus on yourself as a whole person!
- Interdisciplinary. While we believe psychology is the missing piece of the puzzle, we know it’s not the only piece. We support you with a team of like-minded, compassionate, and caring nutrition and movement professionals.
- Progressive. As seen in the below graph, common diet and exercise plans don’t work so well in the long-term, even when supplemented with traditional psychology. We like to support you with a combination of traditional psychological approaches and innovative evidence based ones, like as tapping and hypnosis, to help you discover what works for you.